Thursday, February 21, 2013

"Inside A Teenagers Mind"


Parents always want us to come to them and tell them things. They are always trying to get their children to open up to them. Well from a child's perspective, it is not going to happen. The problem is that parents are very judgmental. There is never a moment when a child can come to their parent just to "talk". You are not our friends you make sure to kill the thought of that while we are at a young age. So why do you want us to talk you now? How could you expect us to? In my opinion, parents always have something to say and that's a big problem when it comes to a child telling them anything.


Sometimes we just want to vent to someone. If you child comes to you, sits on your bed and tells you something... You should be very happy! But there are a few rules that come along with your child giving you this responsibility:


1. Do not give your opinion unless it is asked of you.
2. Do not tell anyone else. Friends, Family, Facebook, etc. NO ONE!
 
That's another thing that children hate and I know that I hate it especially. Do not get on the phone and tell the whole nation our business...That is not why we told you. Parents, in a child's mind, are not to be trusted with information because once they know your business it's on the front page of Japan's top newspaper. Be grateful that you are even being exposed to this information. No, I'm not saying that all parents are like this because I know of a few that can actually be trusted. But that is only a few. Teenagers are hard to deal with and I totally understand (me being a teenager and all), but you must have that bond & trusts between one another if you want your child to be comfortable with telling you things. That's just a little advice!

By: E.O.G. Student Blogger, Dana Chanel 

4 comments:

  1. I am so happy I took the time to read Dana's Blog even though my son is only five and i am already extremely guilty of breaking these rules.I can not say thank you enough because i am sure that this amazingly well written blog has given me insight that will help me and my son's relationship for years to come. Thank You 100 fold...Michelle Sneed


    Words well spoken. Im grateful that my teenage son considers me a friend. He confides n me bcuz it stays between us. I learned to listen without passing judgment and making it about me. Keep up the good work baby girl!!... Katrina Mitchell

    very well written ....great job Dana... Lue Davis

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very proud of this mentee she took the time to express exactly how she feels and we appreciate that from her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not a parent but I love it! Exactly how I felt at say, 15. Good read!

    ReplyDelete